Shortly after D-Day in World War II, the bank was established in a storefront at 323 W Main Street in Waukesha by Carl Taylor, a talented young man of American Indian descent. Eagerly accepted by the public in what had been a one-bank town, the Waukesha State Bank was profitable from its very first month. "The Bank of Friendly Service" - the Bank's motto since day one - is more than just a slogan: it is a guiding principle. In 1956 the bank moved to its present location on Bank Street, expanding with several renovations and additions during the years.
Carl Taylor's oft-repeated catch-phrase was "A Bank is People!" - and that thoughtful insight is the foundation of the bank's prosperity. After 25 years, when Carl Taylor retired as president in 1969, the bank was solidly established with assets totaling $37,867,662 on June 30th.
Don Taylor, whose lifetime career has been the bank, succeeded his father as president and led the bank's growth for the next quarter-century. In addition to
its Downtown Waukesha Office, full-service offices were opened throughout the
city of Waukesha to better serve the community, including an office at
E Moreland Blvd, located in what is now a Pick'n Save food store, and the
W. Sunset Dr Office on W. Sunset Drive and Genesee Road across from the Fox Run Shopping Center. In addition, the Silvernail Road Office was opened in the city of Pewaukee, inside the Pick'n Save located near Silvernail Rd. and Grandview Blvd. Additional offices offering limited services were opened inside the GE Healthcare, the Moreland Medical Center, and several retirement complexes.
The bank's assets totaled in excess of $352 million when Don Taylor retired as president at the end of 1994, just after bank opened its first full-service office outside the City of Waukesha. Located in the Nagawaukee Center at Golf Road and Hwy 83, our Delafield Office is inside the Sentry Foods store.
Marty Frank, who joined the bank's staff as a high school senior in 1959, was elected president to follow Don Taylor. Like all the bank's leaders, Marty was active in many business, civic and community organizations. During his tenure, the bank added its full-service Pewaukee Office located on Capitol Drive, and its Meadowbrook Road Office located in Waukesha at Highway 18. When Marty retired in January of 2004, the bank's assets were in excess of $578 million and its latest full-service office was set to open in May in the city of Oconomowoc located on Hwy. 67 and I-94, where Wealth Management Services also has its offices today.
Ty Taylor, grandson of the founder, succeeded Marty Frank as president of the Waukesha State Bank in early 2004 and is guided by the same core values that have guided every president throughout its history. Under his leadership, the bank continues to grow; opening an additional five offices throughout the county, including the Muskego Office in 2006 located at Janesville and Moorland Roads; the Brookfield Office in June 2007 located on Capitol Drive just west of Brookfield Road; the Mukwonago Office in August 2007 located on Hwy. 83, just North of Hwy. NN; the Sussex Office in July 2008 located at Hwy. 164, just North of Hwy. VV; and the
E Racine Ave office, located at E Racine Ave & Hwy 164, in February 2010. In June 2013, the Bank added the New Berlin Office, its 14th office and the sixth new office under Ty's leadership. It is located in New Berlin at National Avenue and Sunnyslope Road.
Through the years, the bank has enjoyed steady, consistent growth and has never lost sight of its vision of providing complete high-quality financial services to the people of Waukesha County. The bank's stated goals are, and always have been, to:
With these goals, they intend to continue serving the community far into the future.